What: Conservation Day at the Capitol
Where: Click “Listen Live,” at kcmq.com
OR tune-in to 96.7 KCMQ in Central Missouri
Date: April 7, 2021
Time: 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
This event is designed to bring conservationists from all across Missouri together at the Capitol for a day of promoting and supporting our natural resources and outdoor heritage.
The event is both educational and informative. We hope citizens and legislators alike will listen to the radio show to learn about the diverse outdoor passions of Missourians. Review the section below to see what you can be doing today to learn about the legislative process and communicate with your legislators.
The Morning Shag with Shags and Trevor of KCMQ 96.7 will be broadcasting their popular morning show live from 6:00 to 10:00 a.m.
What can you do TODAY?
There are many advocacy measures you can take today!
Here are actions you can take for legislators to hear your voice:
- Join and engage with CFM’s Legislative Action Center (LAC) to stay up-to-date on the latest news on legislative issues of interest to CFM. https://www.confedmo.org/lac/
- Reach out to your local legislators by email, letter, or phone. Inform your legislators on legislation CFM is monitoring (available on the LAC)
- Use social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) to share information about the Conservation Federation of Missouri and the Legislative Action Center using the hashtags #naturecantvote and #conservemo
- Thank legislators who have stepped up to support CFM issues
- Invite legislators to fish, trap & skeet shoot, turkey hunt, look for morel mushrooms, or take a hike and get outdoors to enjoy our state’s natural resources;
Thank you for your continued support,
The Conservation Federation of Missouri