Mission: To ensure conservation of Missouri’s wildlife and natural resources, and preservation of our state’s rich outdoor heritage through advocacy, education and partnerships.
EVENTS AND FUND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER JOB POSTING
The Conservation Federation of Missouri is seeking an Events and Fund Development Manager.
CFM is the oldest and largest 501(c)(3) nonprofit natural resource conservation organization in Missouri with over 2,700 individual members, 100 affiliate organizations, and 70 business alliance members. Created in 1935, CFM is a critical leader in furthering the interests of conservation, natural resource management, and outdoor recreation in the state of Missouri, and is an affiliate of the National Wildlife Federation.
This position needs a self-motivated, multi-tasking person who can maximize the effectiveness of our events for the purpose of increasing awareness of our organization, growing our membership, and achieving positive financial growth. The Events and Fund Development Manager will plan, budget, execute events, raise funds, while integrating our organizations goals and contribute directly to our mission.
The Events and Fund Development Manager coordinates the entire aspect of all the events. This includes working with staff and volunteers to set all fees and solicit and acquire items for raffles and auctions from donors. This position will also work to aid and grow relationships with various businesses, partners and stake holders to raise funds for CFM.
Current CFM events include annual convention, regional Explore the Outdoors banquets, sporting clay shoots, media events and various partner events. The Events and FundDevelopment Manager will be responsible for relaying information regarding these events through various media platforms. The Events and FundDevelopment Manager should have a passion for conservation and a strong desire to make a difference in support of the CFM mission.
Travel is required, but mostly within Missouri. Some nights and weekends will be required.
This position reports to the Executive Director and is based in Jefferson City, Missouri at the CFM office.
- Planning and successful execution of all events including the annual convention, regional Explore the Outdoors banquets, sporting clay shoots, media event, and various/occasional rallies and partner events.
- Development and management of volunteer committees to assist with all aspects of events including planning and implementation.
- Manage all aspects of venue coordination, including meeting space allocation, contracts, set-up, food and beverages, audio visual, technology, etc.
- Develop and implement marketing plans to drive attendance to the event; oversee program agendas, create flyers, sponsorship signs, and ensure effective and timely promotion of events.
- Plan and coordinate internal and external communications relating to events including the CFM website and appropriate social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube).
- Inform and engage CFM members, affiliates, business alliance members, board of directors, and officers regarding events and fund development.
- Manage event budget, invoicing, general fiscal management including profit and loss statements.
- Ensure photographic and video record of events for use on social media, magazine, and other media outlets.
- Sales of business partner sponsorships for events and general CFM support.
- Seek corporate partner donations and sponsorships and secure and manage items for event auctions, raffles, and general CFM support.
- Ability to make cold calls and seek out new potential donors and business partners, while nurturing existing relationships.
- Develop and implement fundraising activities unique to events or occasional special targeted needs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Event Planning, Management, Communications, Business, Marketing, Conservation/Outdoor Recreation, or a closely related field.
- Documented successful experience in both event management and sales.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Highly creative using a goal-oriented approach to all duties and assignments.
- Experience using various social media and communication platforms.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to lead, direct, and coordinate volunteers.
- Proficiency in the use of technology including Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent driving record.
Salary and Benefits:
- Health and Dental coverage
- Casual Dress Code
- Retirement plan with company match (401K)
- Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Base Salary is $42,000-$50,000
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume by June 17, 2019 to email@example.com or mail to Micaela Haymaker, 728 West Main, Jefferson City, MO 65101.