Conservation Federation of Missouri Position Announcement: Director of Development
The Conservation Federation of Missouri (CFM) is in search of a qualified individual to serve as our Director of Development.
The Mission of the Conservation Federation of Missouri: To ensure conservation of Missouri’s wildlife and natural resources, and preservation of our state’s rich outdoor heritage through advocacy, education and partnerships.
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the Conservation Federation’s fundraising, including: the major gifts program, planned giving, Business Alliance, select donor events and capital campaigns. The Director of Development reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategies for donor recruitment and stewardship through strategic use of in-person visits, direct mail, email campaigns, social media, event involvement and emerging technologies.
- Coordinate with staff regarding online and other timely fundraising opportunities tied to breaking news or program milestones.
- Coordinate core fundraising strategies for special appeals, cultivation events, giving campaigns and capital campaigns.
- Lead Business Alliance membership strategy, development and execution.
- Develop promotional plans and materials to engage, recruit, and retain Business Alliance members, then execute and measure success.
- Identify Business Alliance prospects through research and relationships, and develop appropriate membership acquisition and retention strategies.
- Develop and manage Business Alliance oriented webpages, magazine articles, social media posts, videos and podcasts.
- Lead/coordinate Business Alliance attendance and activities at all CFM events including: annual convention, Explore the Outdoors events, clay shoots and pint nights.
Donor Prospecting and Care
- Ensure current donors feel engaged and cared for by developing and leading a strategic, coordinated process carried out by the Executive Director and Development/Communications team.
- Manage all aspects of donor database, ensuring accurate data tracking to inform and guide the cultivation process.
- Identify, research and begin cultivation of potential new donors and corporate funding sources.
- Develop and execute special donor events.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Innovative self-starter with the ability to work as part of a small team.
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Maintain status reports related to position responsibilities.
- Communicate in a professional and effective manner, both orally and in writing, with members, leadership, and staff.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; good strategic thinker.
- Ability to produce accurate and timely work products.
- Positive, customer service attitude.
- Proficiency with standard office related software.
- BS/BA degree required, preferably in Business, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum of three-years of development experience.
Starting Salary: $50,000, negotiable based on experience.
Competitive Benefits Package: Health, Dental and Life Insurance; Retirement Match; Paid Vacation
Location: This position is located in our Jefferson City office. Travel to meet partners and prospects across Missouri, and occasionally nationally, is required.
How to Apply: Candidates must submit a cover letter that outlines the applicant’s interest, qualifications, and experience for the position, resume, and three professional references.
Email your application packet to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or send to:
Conservation Federation of Missouri
728 West Main
Jefferson City, MO 65101
Open until filled